Dr. Catlin Tucker is a bestselling author, international trainer, and keynote speaker. She was named Teacher of the Year in 2010 in Sonoma County, where she taught for 16 years. Catlin earned her doctorate in learning technologies at Pepperdine University. Currently, Catlin is working as a blended learning coach and education consultant. Catlin has written a series of bestselling books on blended learning, which include Balance With Blended Learning, Blended Learning In Action, Power Up Blended Learning, and Blended Learning In Grades 4-12. She is active on Twitter @Catlin_Tucker and writes an internationally ranked blog at CatlinTucker.com.
Key Thoughts from the Interview:
- Don’t miss how Catlin’s own needs drove her to become a foremost expert on blended learning.
- Like many of our guests, she recommends physical activity for brain breaks.
- She wants to know more about neuroscience and how the brain learns. Don’t miss our geeked-out conversation about Powerful Teaching.
- She says that you have to ask for feedback with a level of humility if you want to continue to get better. Feedback!
- It’s interesting to hear an expert say that you don’t have to be an expert. Don’t miss the last #onethingseries question that she answers.
Catlin’s interview reveals how curiosity and desire can transform any classroom.
Thank you to our sponsor, Principals’ Seminar. Many schools struggle as a new principal works through the learning curve, and our hearts break for new principals who are overwhelmed with information and noise, frustrated by not having the time to build relationships with staff and walking around in a constant state of fear that they are missing something. The Three in Three Principals’ Seminar is designed for new, existing, and aspiring principals and assistant principals who would like to gain 3 years of experience in 3 weeks, without the pain, risks, and time it would take otherwise. Follow the content at your own pace as you learn with others who are just like you. Click here for details. Register today to save.
Also, coming soon: MasterClass — Request info here.