One Thing Series: Transformational Change w/ Jethro Jones — #onethingseries
Change Your Perspective
Jethro Jones (@jethrojones) is the 2017 NASSP Digital Principal of the Year and the host of Transformative Principal, where he interviews principals, leaders, and influencers who help improve K-12 education throughout the world. He is also the founder of Transformative Leadership Summit, which is like his podcast, but on steroids! He is the author of SchoolX: How principals can design a transformative school experience for students, teachers, parents – and themselves, available now for pre-order.
Key Thoughts from the Interview:
- Schools are dynamic places. Listen to how Jethro led 32 initiatives simultaneous to transform his school for the better. As you will hear, it all starts with empathy.
- Jethro raves about Seth Godin’s Creative Workshops. Jethro’s approach to learning and growing is fascinating.
- Recently inspired by Tim Feriss’s interview of Hugh Jackman, Jethro is journaling each day and has already experienced the power of this simple practice. But, this is journaling with a twist. Discover how you can also make this a consistent part of your life for big changes.
- One thing Jethro would love to learn–the piano! Not surprising since so much of this interview is wrapped around change, growth, and creativity.
- Interestingly, Jethro describes how his own Podcast is at the center of his exponential growth. His process for identifying his guests is unique and extremely worthwhile.
- Jethro’s final response on what he used to believe, but doesn’t anymore, is at the heart of change–that it doesn’t have to be a certain way. His Tik Tok story is a perfect example of learning in new and dynamic ways.
Jehtro’s interview is very insightful for any educator looking to make a difference in the classroom, school, or district.