One Thing Series: Leading with Hope w/ Tom Lewis — #onethingseries
Discipline is the Differentiator
Tom Lewis is the founder of T.W. Company, an award-winning Scottsdale, Arizona based real estate and investment company known for its quality and outstanding customer service in the homebuilding industry.
Lewis received a Lifetime Achievement Award from Professional Builder Magazine and was the first inductee into the National Housing Quality Hall of Fame. In 2002, Lewis and his wife Jan formed TomLewis Foundation to support higher education, children and families in need, youth character education and a variety of local and national non-profits that strengthen Americas’ civil society. In 2015, they created the Lewis Honors College at the University of Kentucky.
In his new book, SOLID GROUND, Lewis asserts that, when it comes to success, nothing is more critical than a solid foundation. Taking the time, now, for reflection and analysis will yield enormous dividends in the future, he attests.
Key Thoughts from the Interview:
- Tom provides incredible insight on how effective leaders don’t sidestep reality. His views on vision, trustworthiness, and compassion are powerful and can be used effectively through his simple steps.
- His philanthropic work with college-bound students is impressive.
- He discussed the wisdom of Dennis Prager and referred to him as a modern day philosopher.
- Tom introduced us to a new concept he called “esteemable.” You have to listen to how he describes the fact that the work we do, especially for others, leads to greater fulfillment.
- He genuinely talked about his desire to reach more millennials and offer them the wisdom he has gained throughout his life.
- He encouraged everyone to find their talent, not just their passion.
- Lastly, Tom eloquently describes the difference between strategy and execution.
Tom’s interview is a practical how-to interview, including ways to infuse hope into everything we do for greater fulfillment in life and work.