Man the ship and bring her to life. ~ First traditional order as an active unit in the Navy
Jon Rennie is a Business Leader, Author, and Speaker. He is Co-Founder, President, and CEO of Peak Demand Inc., a global manufacturer of products for electric utilities.
He served as a Naval Officer on Nuclear Submarines during the Cold War and has been leading industrial businesses for more than 20 years.
He is passionate about leadership and employee engagement. His articles and blog posts have been read and shared all over the world. He believes that Leadership can make a significant difference in the performance of any organization.
His latest leadership book, I Have the Watch: Becoming a Leader Worth Following is an Amazon bestseller.
Key Thoughts from the Interview:
- Jon provides incredible insight into how the absentee boss leads from their comfort zone.
- When asked who he follows to learn and grow, Jon didn’t hesitate to acknowledge the impactful work of Coach Bru.
- You have to hear why he gets up at 4:00AM every day.
- Jon describes how a ship is nothing more than cold metal in a harbor and that it’s the crew who brings a ship to life. Listen for what he wants to continue to do and how he wants to grow.
- Don’t miss what she says about his Dashboard University.
- Lastly, Jon covers some of his fascinating life story; he reveals, in the end, that leaders don’t have to know all the answers.
Jon’s interview is packed full of practical ways to become a more present leader. We hope you enjoy this interview as much as we did!