Don’t make money your target; make serving others your target. ~ Bob Burg
Bob Burg is a sought-after speaker at company leadership and sales conferences, sharing the platform with everyone from today’s business leaders and broadcast personalities to even a former U.S. President.
Bob is the author of a number of books on sales, marketing, and influence, with total book sales of well over a million copies. His book, The Go-Giver, coauthored with John David Mann, itself has sold over 925,000 copies, and it has been translated into 28 languages.
His and John’s newest parable in the Go-Giver Series is The Go-Giver Influencer.
Bob is an advocate, supporter, and defender of the Free Enterprise system, believing that the amount of money one makes is directly proportional to how many people they serve. He is also an unapologetic animal fanatic, and is a past member of the Board of Directors of Furry Friends Adoption, Clinic & Ranch in his hometown of Jupiter, Florida.
Bob’s interview with TheSchoolHouse302 is a powerful example of how success can be achieved when someone totally focuses on others. He shared his own path to success and why he embraced the Go-Giver mindset. Don’t miss it.
Key Thoughts from the Interview:
- Bob describes a complete mindshift that transforms how we focus on ourselves to focusing on others. The goal: add immense value to other people. Find out what he says about David Marquete’s Turn the Ship Around.
- When asked about who he listens to for inspiration and growth, he points to Dan Rockwell. We asked what makes Dan’s work so powerful, and Bob simply said that his “thoughts, ideas, wisdom are over the moon.” Listen for more.
- You’ll want to hear how he focused on self-improvement and the wisdom he gleaned from Benjamin Franklin.
- He talked about the “mystery of human nature” and how he wants to continue to explore it.
- His thoughts about being the protege and the mentor are powerful.
- Lastly, Bob gives sage advice, “shut up and listen more.” He adds that “we think we know, but we really don’t.” Check out the interview and become a Go-Giver.
Bob’s interview sets the stage to transform how you lead and live. We hope you enjoy this interview as much as we did!