- Lolly eloquently describes how there are two competing sides, a polarity of character, within each of us that can lead us to greatness or completely derail our effectiveness. You can’t miss her describe how one minute we can be confident and poised for greatness, while the next minute, we are sabotaging ourselves and playing to our weaknesses. Additionally, you must hear about her balloon analogy and how she ties that to the worst advice she’s ever heard regarding leadership.
- For knowledge and inspiration, Lolly tells us how she is a student of life and looks to learn from every situation. She talks about how great leaders wake up before everyone else, which enables her to read a book a day. We found this part of the conversation to be absolutely remarkable. We are still in awe! Lastly, you can’t miss how the work of Frankl, Campbell, and Jung influenced her life and work.
- She advises us to not think about what we are doing but rather who we are being. Her advice on self-discovery as a leader is profound.
- Lolly also talks about how much she doesn’t know, and by acknowledging this truth, she is able to remain humble. She reminded us that our impact on others is critical, and it’s always important to ask ourselves, “what mark will you leave?”
- You can’t miss her thoughts on the power of daily rituals and how they are key for ongoing development and daily growth. She details how this process helps us develop the ability to lead from our strengths and silence the parts of us that undermine our greatest efforts.
- Lastly, you can’t miss her reveal her own insecurities and how she, herself, has fought off the imposter syndrome. Her story is simply inspiring.
Don’t miss this leadership interview with Lolly Daskal. Lolly Daskal is one of the most sought-after executive leadership coaches in the world. Her extensive cross-cultural expertise spans 14 countries, six languages, and hundreds of companies. As founder and CEO of Lead From Within, her proprietary leadership program is engineered to be a catalyst for leaders who want to enhance performance and make a meaningful difference in their companies, their lives, and the world. Based on a mix of modern philosophy, science, and nearly thirty years coaching top executives, Lolly’s perspective on leadership continues to break new ground and produce exceptional results. Of her many awards and accolades, Lolly was designated a Top-50 Leadership and Management Expert by Inc Magazine. Her writing has appeared in HBR, Inc.com, Fast Company (Ask The Expert), Huffington Post, Psychology Today, and others. Lolly’s proprietary insights are the subject of her book, The Leadership Gap: What Gets Between You and Your Greatness. Her interview with TheSchoolHouse302 was incredibly insightful, all on the topic of minding your mental map and knowing your leadership gaps, and much much more. Don’t miss it. [soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/572773848″ params=”color=#ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”300″ iframe=”true” /]