Don’t miss this insightful leadership interview with Dr. Martin Lanik, @MartinLanik. Dr. Lanik is the author of The Leader Habit and the CEO of Pinsight®, a global leadership software-as-service company known for its disruptive HR technology. His leadership programs have been implemented by more than 100 companies – including AIG and CenturyLink – and have received awards from Chief Learning Officer and Brandon Hall. Lanik holds a Ph.D. in industrial and organizational psychology from Colorado State University. To learn more about Martin please check out www.pinsight.com.
- Listen to what Martin says about the common mistakes we make by relying on traditional methods to learn and grow as a leader–despite our best intentions. He challenges many commonly held beliefs and stresses the importance of habits.
- Need inspiration? Check out how Chip and Dan Heath, authors of Switch, and other excellent books, inspired Martin’s 5-minute leadership development exercises.
- Martin reinforced that our growth is incremental and that we must understand our micro-behaviors to know how to change our macro-behaviors.
- In a results-oriented world, you have to hear what Martin says about outcomes and why we must stop obsessing about them.
- He tells us about his approach for continual growth through self-analysis and zeroing in on those areas that need attention.
- And, you have to hear what he says about how growing as a leader is a continual journey!
Dr. Lanik’s interview is filled with practical advice for leaders, and really connects with our purpose of developing leaders by getting to simple. Be sure to get your copy of The Leader Habit and check out Dr. Lanik’s free personality questionnaire at leaderhabit.com.
Please follow, like, and comment. Use #onethingseries and #SH302 so that we can find you.