- Listen to what Martin says about the common mistakes we make by relying on traditional methods to learn and grow as a leader–despite our best intentions. He challenges many commonly held beliefs and stresses the importance of habits.
- Need inspiration? Check out how Chip and Dan Heath, authors of Switch, and other excellent books, inspired Martin’s 5-minute leadership development exercises.
- Martin reinforced that our growth is incremental and that we must understand our micro-behaviors to know how to change our macro-behaviors.
- In a results-oriented world, you have to hear what Martin says about outcomes and why we must stop obsessing about them.
- He tells us about his approach for continual growth through self-analysis and zeroing in on those areas that need attention.
- And, you have to hear what he says about how growing as a leader is a continual journey!
Don’t miss this insightful leadership interview with Dr. Martin Lanik, @MartinLanik. Dr. Lanik is the author of The Leader Habit and the CEO of Pinsight®, a global leadership software-as-service company known for its disruptive HR technology. His leadership programs have been implemented by more than 100 companies – including AIG and CenturyLink – and have received awards from Chief Learning Officer and Brandon Hall. Lanik holds a Ph.D. in industrial and organizational psychology from Colorado State University. To learn more about Martin please check out www.pinsight.com. [soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/456019371″ params=”color=#ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”300″ iframe=”true” /]