Don’t miss this incredible leadership interview with Dr. Jackie Wilson, @Jowilson4139, a national expert on school leadership policy. Dr. Wilson is an assistant professor and the Director of the Delaware Academy for School Leadership in the College of Education and Human Development at the University of Delaware. Jackie is known for designing and delivering world class professional development for educators across the nation. She is a lead consult to NASSP in designing the National Leaders Academy using design thinking to solve complex school problems. A unique facet of her work is providing technical assistance to the Wallace Foundation to support 14 urban school districts involved with the Principal Pipeline and Principal Supervisor national initiatives. Jackie is a true ambassador for education and has worked tirelessly on the national stage to promote the use of clear standards to ensure quality, equity, and opportunity for all students.
- Listen to what Jackie says about how leaders must be willing to learn the “history lessons” of the organization to fully understand where an organization has been in order to go forward.
- Jackie emphasized how every great leader must have a mentor. She praised Associate Dean at Vanderbilt Peabody College, Joe Murphy, as a critical part of her growth.
- Jackie talked about supporting others and taking care of the now. Listen to what she says about the power of growing other leaders.
- She wants to breathe life into national standards to ensure every student has a great education. The empirical research that governed the development of current NELP and PESL standards is mind blowing.
- She tells our listeners to read from a variety of resources and champions the book by Marshall Goldsmith, What Got You Here Won’t Get You There.
- And, you have to hear what she says about working smart!
Dr. Jackie Wilson’s interview is jam packed with awesome practical advice for leaders, and it’s a wonderful expression of her commitment to education, leadership, and student achievement in Delaware and across the nation.
Please follow, like, and comment. Use #onethingseries and #SH302 so that we can find you.