- Listen to Dan talk about being in court and having to listen all day, every day, where he needs to remain neutral so that he doesn’t pre-judge the scenario.
- He talks about knowledge and inspiration, finding objective sources of information and balancing ideas in a time when people seem to be picking sides on every issue. He mentions peers and supervisors as a source of inspiration.
- Hear what he says about managing stress as a key leadership quality. A positive mental outlook and a healthy outlet are important.
- He tells listeners that an important leadership quality is the ability to keep an open mind. Don’t miss what he says about the device he wishes he could install on his brain.
- We loved hearing Dan say that “work ethic” is his advice for any leader who wants opportunity. That and the ability to deal with difficult people. Listen closely to his point about getting involved but without attachment.
- Finally, he tells our listeners that leadership is about the realization that most answers to important questions are gray…not black and white like we wish the answers could be.
Don’t miss this incredible leadership interview with the Honorable Dan Walzl, Alamosa County Judge in San Luis Valley Colorado. Judge Walzl was the Deputy State Public Defender for the 12th Judicial District prior to his current term, voted into the position of judge with a unanimous recommendation. Dan holds a J.D. from the University of Colorado School of Law. And, as you’ll hear from the interview, he knows a thing or two about listening and about leadership. [soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/348082242″ params=”color=#ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”300″ iframe=”true” /]