- He tells us that planning and preparation isn’t about his individual focus but about the focus that his team has on being ready for the season.
- He gathers his enjoyment from the process and the people, not winning, and he gives major credit to R.C. Buford for his leadership and inspiration.
- He’s clear that you have to know your people and their context…where they’re coming from…before making decisions and casting judgement.
- Listen to him talk about slowing down and learning from mistakes.
- He recommends reading Ron Shapiro’s Dare to Prepare: How to Win Before You Begin, which you know we love our books at TheSchoolHouse302. Check out our #readthisseries.
- Finally, his powerful advice about keeping your professional successes and failures away from how you define yourself as a person is candid and real.
Don’t miss this spectacular interview with Dave Telep, Director of Scouting with the San Antonio Spurs. [soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/336246500″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /] Dave brings a ton of leadership take-aways to the conversation, and you can’t miss what he says about being part of a team.